Our Liquidity Solution
We heard your concerns and we have listened. Over the last 2 weeks we have been busy crafting a solution to help increase the liquidity on PancakeSwap.
CumFarm was announced last week as our short term staking solution for liquidity providers on PancakeSwap. CumFarm will work in a similar way to other DeFi farms and will require a holder to pair their CUMMIES with BNB and supply this liquidity to the pancake pool.
DeFi farming comes with some risks that holders should be familiar with so that they don’t potentially end up negative, or wonder why they get less tokens returned.
CumFarm has been successfully audited by Solidity Finance
- 16% CUMMIES fee + 5% BNB fee— When you add CUMMIES to a liquidity pair, you will have to pay the 5% token fee plus the 5% BNB fee. When you remove your liquidity you have to pay a 10% fee (Internally, this is two transactions which is why it’s doubled). We tried every possible model to avoid this fee but unfortunately, due to the way the PancakeSwap LP’s work, we couldn’t. That means that any entrance into the CumFarm should be well thought about, and ideally a holder should remain staked for a longer period to ensure a greater chance at profitability. There is also a 1% fee that is the ‘locking fee’ upon staking (0.5% CUMMIES and 0.5% BNB), this liquidity will stay locked.
- Impermanent Loss is a process that can happen with DeFi farming. It’s when the price of one or both assets change and the ratio of tokens in the liquidity pool changes. This means you can end up getting a different amount of CUMMIES/BNB back. It’s a confusing concept but I recommend watching this video to explain it better!
- Variable APY — The reward rate of CUMMIES from the CumFarm will be variable depending on the amount of people providing liquidity, meaning that the overall APY will be changing constantly. A holder should use this as part of their decision making process before joining the farm.
Our original plan was to supply enough rewards to the farm for roughly 120 days. Since revising this plan, we came up with a solution to keep CumFarm topped up with rewards, meaning we can run it for longer or indefinitely. This means that if a holder joins the farm further down the line, they will still get a chance to be profitable if they remain farming for a longer period of time.
- Understand the tax — Make sure you understand the token tax implications (total tax of 16% CUMMIES + 5% BNB) and how impermanent loss works before joining the farm. This will prevent any upsets.
- If you can, try to avoid selling CUMMIES for BNB — People may be tempted to sell some CUMMIES for BNB so that they can pair them and add liquidity. Therefore, in the short term we may notice a small decrease in price, however, it will result in a larger liquidity pool and therefore increased price stability.
- Don’t stake your whole stack — Due to the risks mentioned above, we would personally recommend staking only 1/4 to 1/3rd of your total CUMMIES.
- Altering the staked/unstaked amount — When you stake more or unstake some (or all) it will auto-claim your CUMMIES for you. They have not disappeared from the ‘CUMMIES earned’ section, it just means you didn’t have to manually harvest them.
V2 Liquidity Solutions
CumFarm is one of the ways we will be increasing our liquidity but we realise the implications that come with farming and will implement a permanent liquidity generation solution with the release of V2. When we release V2, there will be a 15% platform fee on all sales across the platform.
Traditionally liquidity generation is done by selling a token for BNB and then creating a liquidity pair. With our method, 5–10% will be used for liquidity generation. When a model lists their NFT for BUSD, the liquidity fee will be used to buyback CUMMIES, add and lock liquidity and create an ever rising price floor. When a model lists for CUMMIES, the liquidity fee will be sent to the CumFarm contract to create a continuous supply of rewards for liquidity providers.
By doing things this way, we can ensure that the platform never directly sells CUMMIES and instead creates positive price action from the buybacks, all while keeping rewards topped up for those who are supporting the project by using the CumFarm.
With these changes, we believe our liquidity issue will slowly resolve, creating a more stable price and allowing room for organic, natural growth. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, drop a message in the telegram chat.
Head to PancakeSwap V2 and click add liquidity. Select BNB and CUMMIES, or use this link.
Hit ‘Approve CUMMIES’ and then ‘Supply’.
Head to our CumFarm and click ‘Approve Contract’.
Click ‘Stake(+)’ and insert the amount of CUMMIES-BNB LP tokens you would like to stake, or press max to use all of your LP tokens.
Once you are successfully staking, you will see your earn rate per hour and your total amount of CUMMIES ready to collect. To collect your rewards, click harvest and accept. To remove your LP tokens from the pool, click unstake and press the amount you’d like to unstake. Note the points mentioned previously in the article about the total tax (16%). We’d recommend staying in the farm for enough time to offset the tax as much as possible.
Have fun farming those CUMMIES!